Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

food for thought...

I was wondering, in a population of almost a billion, the count is on, do we not have one lawyer who can challenge the mindless mutilation of our constitution by politicians?

Please enlighten me on the following points if is it possible to move Supreme court and bring an end to all the non sense that has plagued us.

  1. As a citizen of India, how do I ensure all are equal? If I find any law, legislation, constitutional amendment, that goes against this basic spirit, can I not move Supreme court to stop or rectify it?
  2. Can I not sue political parties for dividing the nation under 'legal' categories of cast, tribe, religion, minorities, majorities and of late on basis of gender. Or is it that we no longer have the term 'equality' in the constitutional rights anymore.
  3. Can I not sue Mayawati for spending loads of money on erecting useless statues then crying fowl when it comes to implementing 'right to education'?
  4. Can I not sue Congress for starting this madness of naming roads after their own leader and putting up statues everywhere, that now Mayawati has a chance to do the same?
  5. Can I sue over weight politicians for being so, in country where there is still starvation?
  6. Can I sue religious leaders for stoking fire of hatred in name of GOD?
  7. Can I sue newspapers and reporters for reporting only bad news and neglecting important good news?
  8. ...

and finally can I not sue people of India for letting all this crap happen to them?

Where is my Subashchandra Bose? Brave Bhagat Singh? statesman Vallabhbhai Patel? Excellency C. Rajagopalachari? His divine grace Swami Vivekanand? Where is formidable advocate Bhulabhai Desai? Where are my Shahnawaz Khan, Prem Kumar Sahgal and Gurbaksh Singh Dhillon?

Where are all gone? We are unable to produce a winning team in Olympics. The only game we could do well is now tainted with corruption and scandals. Those days are not far when in AISID or Commonwealth Games, we will be beaten in game of Kabbadi.

Where are my teachers? Those who taught me appreciate the beauty of language and to be fearless to accepting a new idea. Why no one is even aware of the scare and paranoia that is programmed in minds of young school children?

It is saddening to see lots of energy wasted in covering trivial events like 'hottest babe' and 'celebrity gossip'. Is it not true that what is saleable is sold? Are we not responsible for such mediocrity? IT giants my foot. We didn't even write an operating system for a computer. Our Vedic mathematics is been researched more in MIT and other places and there are huge efforts to incorporate that in the future generation of technology. What are we doing? Sitting around and discussing Armani and GUCCI?

We are not even socially better to be compared to many other countries. In travels, around Thailand, I found that Thailand, however appalling their English skills may be, has better education percentage and civic sense. Thank god they don't have paan and gutka chewing population that goes around painting the streets with their horrible spits. It is a shame to see many Indians continue doing that in Thailand. No wonder the Thai people have dislike for Indians. Thais may not be the smartest people, however, they do take pride in their Thai culture and Thainess. What do I feel proud of? Heritage? What heritage? It seems we as a nation, have lost what is really our heritage.
Look around. I am not asking anything big. In daily life, we see so much of sick and pervert behaviour that is impossible to live a healthy normal life. Eve teasers, molesters, rapists or just plain old trash people, all around, growing in number, making India a miserable place.

What we need is sincerity. Sincerity to our selves. I will not be bothered by flaws in the system. I will not depend on the politicians to change. I will not wait for the next Messiah to come. I am the last Master. Last master of this age. The new age has arrived. An age of Master less society. I will be my last master. I will lead me, to better life. I will guide my consciousness to more fulfilling activities. I will walk myself on to path of happiness. I will protect myself from those who will try and disturb my course. I declare that I am free. I declare that I am happy. I will do what it takes to make the difference in my life. Let this be contagious and others be affected and soon the world will be a better place.

I have already seen the glimpses of good things to come. I cannot but follow the current path of self empowerment and improvement. That is what I was raised for and those are the dreams of my parents and teachers. Those are the ambitions of my friends in me. Once again, the poem by Tagore, 'Walk Alone' fuels the fire of Revolution.

Arise , Awake ..lets make a better tomorrow.


Note: This article has been borrowed from another blog and edited. I thought it is worth sharing. food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. Great article.....worth reading....I am not sure how far can anyone implement it on a personal front...Its probably not so easy to start with but its not impossible.....

    The movie Leader was awesome.....but it would take probably 2 more decades to actually see someone implement it.....the same thing here too.....

    We Indians are more accustomed to being led rather than to Lead...we are more interested in western and other cultures, international brands, fast food,gossips,rumors, poke your nose attitude and the list can go on.....our day to day life starts with products that are not so Indian......

    We stay calm even when basmati rice, saffron, chicken tikka masala are patented by other countries...we brain drain brilliant people like Ajay Bhatt(Intel), Lakshmi Mittal etc....

    I can go on......but since this is a comment I guess I shall stop here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one Somu , Good to know that you blog . Hope you remeber me , Subbu ur junior @GVP

    ReplyDelete